Unblocking Shower or Bath - Blocked Drains – Drainage Problems – Emergency Clearance – General Plumbing - CCTV Inspections
Before calling Right Price Drain Cleaning, try out a few of the tips and tricks we have provided below:
- The first thing to try is to use a plunger on the plughole to try and shift what may be stuck in the pipe. Avoid using any chemicals such as caustic soda to clear a blocked drain as these can be harmful if they come into contact with skin.
- If debris has made its way into the pipe it may be lodged in the trap. In order to remove this the cover on the trap will have to be removed along with the internals of the fitting.
- Be careful and make sure you wear appropriate gloves and safety glasses when doing this work as you cannot be sure if someone else has tried a chemical based drain unblocking product.
- If Successfull, make sure the internals of the trap have been put back correctly so to prevent blockages or escape of odours back from the drain afterwards.
Other methods that can be used to unblock showers or baths include creating your own plunger tool using a mop and a plastic bag, or bending a coat hanger so that it has the ability to curve up the clogged drain and remove any substances which may be causing the blockage.
What if These Tips Don’t Work?
If these blockages continue to occur, it is likely that the cause is due to issues with your drain pipes which are often difficult to reach. This will usually require the assistance of a qualified right price drain cleaning company engineer. Drain and pipe servicing includes drain cleaning, inspection and CCTV surveying with final reports. Contact 1800303663 to get a quotation to get your shower/bath or drains cleaned or assessed.
Give us a call at Right Price Drain Cleaning and we'll send one of our qualified Service Engineers to help you solve the problem.
For help, advise or information regarding our drain products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us or speak to one of our customer care representatives. Visit our Contact Right Price Drain Cleaning page or contact us by telephone, sms, Whats App, email or our online form.
Health & Safety Messages
This is for information only. It offers you basic advice to do the job yourself but in order to prevent harm to yourself or damage to equipment or property, please ensure you use the correct tools and suitable personal protective equipment. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate in contacting one of our professional engineers.
Get the Right Equipment
Before you begin, make sure you've got a pair of rubber gloves close by. When it comes to blockages in the bathroom you never know what the cause could be, but there is a good chance you don't want to be getting too much of it on your hands!
What we Do
- Our engineers are fully qualified and extensively trained to deal with any problem
- Emergency Call Outs
- Plumbing Services
- Preventative Maintenance Commercial, Private & Public Sector Work
- Blocked Drains
- High Pressure Water Jetting
- Blocked Sinks
- Blocked Toilets
- Blocked Baths
- Blocked Showers
- CCTV Inspections
- Drainage Repairs
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Experienced & dedicated staff
- Grease Trap Maintenance
- Excavation and Repair
- No Dig Repairs
- Manhole Cover Replacement
- Insurance Work
- Drain tracing
- Root Removal
- Odour Investigation
- Patio & Driveway Lancing
- Flood Damage Clean Up
- Emergency Plumbers