Before calling Right Price Drain Cleaning, try out a few of the tips and tricks we have provided below:
Unblocking Toilets - Blocked Drains – Drainage Problems – Emergency Clearance – General Plumbing - CCTV Inspections
- Remove as much water as possible from the toilet using buckets. This ensures that the baking soda does not become wet or diluted.
- Surround your toilet unit with towels and keep a few extra preparing for any incident of overflow when the mix is added.
- Pour at least ½ a box of baking soda down your toilet drain.
- Pour ½ cup of vinegar into the bowl.
- Leave the mix in the toilet bowl for 30 minutes so that it has sufficient time to break down the substance which has cause the clog.
- Flush the toilet and make sure that the clog has cleared fully. If the toilet continues to drain at slow pace, repeat the steps above until the substance has fully dissolved.
Washing Up Liquid
- Lay towels around your toilet to protect your bathroom in the event of an overflow.
- Bucket and remove as much water as possible from the toilet bowl.
- Pour ½ to 1 cup full of washing up liquid into the toilet.
- Leave the soap to work on removing the blockage. As soap is heavier than water, it will be able to work its way into the drainage system where it then acts as a lubricant.
- Add as much boiling water as you can. Boiling water is essential as it stays at the top of the bowl and will work with the washing liquid to push the clog down into the drain.
- If your toilet continues to drain slowly, repeat this process until the material has disappeared.
Other methods that can be used to unblock toilets include creating your own plunger tool using a mop and a plastic bag, or bending a coat hanger so that it has the ability to curve up the clogged drain and remove any substances which may be causing the blockage.
What if These Tips Don’t Work?
If none of the above tips have been successful and a plunger hasn’t worked, then unfortunately you have a bigger job on your hands. If the clog resists your efforts, it is likely that the whole unit will need to be lifted. This process will take several hours because the water supply must be unhooked and the toilet must be dissembled. When the issue has been resolved, make sure to reseal the toilet with a new wax ring and mounting bolts.
If these blockages continue to occur, it is likely that the cause is due to issues with your drain pipes which are often difficult to reach. This will usually require the assistance of a qualified right price drain cleaning company engineer. Drain and pipe servicing includes drain cleaning, inspection and CCTV surveying with final reports. Contact 1800303663 to get a quotation to get your toilet or drains cleaned or assessed.
For help, advise or information regarding our drain products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us or speak to one of our customer care representatives. Visit our Contact Right Price Drain Cleaning page or contact us by telephone, sms, Whats App, email or our online form.
Health & Safety Messages
This is for information only. It offers you basic advice to do the job yourself but in order to prevent harm to yourself or damage to equipment or property, please ensure you use the correct tools and suitable personal protective equipment. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate in contacting one of our professional engineers.
The first rule of dealing with a blocked toilet is simple: don't flush! However instinctive it is to try to flush the toilet, this usually creates more problems than it solves. Excessive flushing is likely to cause your toilet to overflow and create a serious mess, so leave the handle alone and think about removing the blockage before you try to dispose of the build up.
What we Do
- Our engineers are fully qualified and extensively trained to deal with any problem
- Emergency Call Outs
- Plumbing Services
- Preventative Maintenance Commercial, Private & Public Sector Work
- Blocked Drains
- High Pressure Water Jetting
- Blocked Sinks
- Blocked Toilets
- Blocked Baths
- Blocked Showers
- CCTV Inspections
- Drainage Repairs
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Experienced & dedicated staff
- Grease Trap Maintenance
- Excavation and Repair
- No Dig Repairs
- Manhole Cover Replacement
- Insurance Work
- Drain tracing
- Root Removal
- Odour Investigation
- Patio & Driveway Lancing
- Flood Damage Clean Up
- Emergency Plumbers