Help & Advice
Maintaining Your Drains - Blocked Drains – Drainage Problems – Emergency Clearance – General Plumbing - CCTV Inspections
Maintaining Your Drains
We all know that drain problems are often a huge hassle. They usually happen unexpectedly and can cause a huge mess and headaches. One of the most common questions our drain technicians get when we respond to drain problems, is how can I prevent this from happening? The advice we give each customer is based on the type of problem they are having. When it comes to drain cleaners there are several options. But don’t reach for that chemical drain cleaner under your sink.
- Safe – Unlike chemical drain cleaners which can damage your plumbing system. Biozyme drain cleaners use bacteria to break down a small blockage in a drain
- Eliminates Odours – Do your drains smell when you run water in a bathroom or kitchen sink? An Biozyme cleaner will eliminate the odour causing bacteria
- Can Be Used Regularly – Biozyme cleaners can be used once a month to keep your drains clear of debris.
- Bacteria Grows Throughout Drain System – Biozyme doesn’t need to be placed in every drain. The bacteria will grow throughout the drain system to help keep the entire system free of small clogs. However, if you have problems at specific drains you can treat those areas as well.
How to keep roots out of your drains
Roots are one of the biggest problems for your drain system. Once you experience a backup or clog caused by roots, you will most likely continue to have to maintain your drain system to prevent backups.
- Keep drains clear – if you consistently have backups make sure you have drain cleanouts to access your drain line quickly.
- Get Drains Professionally Cleaned – Hire a drain professionals like Right Price Drain Cleaning to hydro jet your drain system. This will thoroughly clean the drain and remove all roots.
This is the most common problem during extremely cold weather but can also be one of the easiest things to prevent. Keep your home warm at all times by keeping your heating on at a low temperature, this will minimise the risk of your water pipes freezing or causing them to burst. Check all dripping taps and overflows and if you do need help, keep the plug in the sink to prevent water freezing in the waste pipes.
If you find that one of your pipes have burst please:
- Turn off the water supply at the main stopcock, the electricity supply at the mains and the water heater.
- Turn on all the taps to drain your system. If you can, collect the water in the bath for washing and flushing the toilet.
- Warn your neighbours in case it affects them.
- Phone Right Price Drain Cleaning (emergency number 087 6157404).
With highly-trained and experienced drain engineers, our work and materials are guaranteed. We are happy to take on all types of drainage jobs large and small and we provide excellent coverage throughout Dublin and the surrounding areas.
For help, advise or information regarding our drain products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us or speak to one of our customer care representatives. Visit our Contact Right Price Drain Cleaning page or contact us by telephone, sms, Whats App, email or our online form.
Health & Safety Messages
This is for information only. It offers you basic advice to do the job yourself but in order to prevent harm to yourself or damage to equipment or property, please ensure you use the correct tools and suitable personal protective equipment. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate in contacting one of our professional engineers.
The implementation of our Health & Safety management systems ensures that Right Price Drain Cleaning protects the health and safety of employees, customers, contractors and any members of the public who come into contact with the company's activities.
101 Bluebell Road, Dublin 12.
Experienced Dedicated Drain Repair Team
- Our engineers are fully qualified and extensively trained to deal with any problem
- Emergency Call Outs
- Plumbing Services
- Preventative Maintenance Commercial, Private & Public Sector Work
- Blocked Drains
- High Pressure Water Jetting
- Blocked Sinks
- Blocked Toilets
- Blocked Baths
- Blocked Showers
- CCTV Inspections
- Drainage Repairs
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Experienced & dedicated staff
- Grease Trap Maintenance
- Excavation and Repair
- No Dig Repairs
- Manhole Cover Replacement
- Insurance Work
- Drain tracing
- Root Removal
- Odour Investigation
- Patio & Driveway Lancing
- Flood Damage Clean Up
- Emergency Plumbers